Weight loss surgery carries a variety of procedures performed on those who are overweight. Weight loss is achieved by lessening the size of the stomach with a gastric band or removing a small portion of the stomach and re-routing the digestive system to a small stomach pouch. All weight loss surgeries intension is making you eat less. Weight loss surgeries can definitely change a person’s life for better, but you may experience a few emotional feelings before and after surgery. The surgery can result in significant weight-loss, improves overall health and also minimize the chance of obesity related deaths, even thoughsome research shows that individuals who have weight loss surgery usually experience with depression and anxiety. Losing weight needs both the physical and mental strength.
Another study found that one third of patients with no depression before surgery can develop depression after the surgery.Depression after weight loss surgery is quite common and depression symptoms may worsen in some people who have expectedunrealistic resultafter the surgery. Also suicide rates after surgery are higher than for the obese people who did not have surgery. Nobody knows the specific link between weight loss surgery and the increased rate of suicide, but many things will help to elevate the feeling of depression and stress after the surgery. Find healthy ways to minimize the depression and stress after surgery.
Here are some tips for avoiding depression after weight loss surgery:
· Maintain your weight with exercises and also by eating a healthy diet. Participate in cultural activities and exercise regularly, if possible do walking, bicycling and swimming are all good ways to alleviate depression.
· Have a positive attitude. People who have positive attitudes fight with the disease better and lead healthier lives.
· Do not expect unrealistic results after surgery.
· Get rid of anger. Try to have a stress management control class to know techniques to prevent long standing angry feelings.
· Do not take anything too serious and stay motivated.
· Professional counseling is required for everyone who is suffering from several repeating signs and symptoms of depression, that includes suicide, decreased enjoyment in everyday activities and long term emotions like anxiety, frustration and regret.
· Use prescribed medications after the surgery. It will give a boost to you during your recovery.
Nowadays many medical centers that performed the weight loss surgery can suggest their patients to a psychologist who have experience in treating patients with weight related emotional disorders. They provide prescription antidepressants, therapy sessions and organizations proven methods for treating depression. Your doctor will help to decide the best treatment for weight loss related depression.
Please Visit Bariatric Surgery California and Weight Loss Surgery California