Weight loss drugs have many side effects and sometimes they are very life threatening. There are many chemicals used in preparing the weight loss drugs. Here are some of them and the side effects of those drugs.
· Fenfluramine: This is used in combination with a drug fen-phen, which causes dangerous heart attacks and lung disorders.
· Sibutramine: this drug causes heart attacks and strokes.
· Many weight loss drugs cause high blood pressure and increase the heart rate.
· Lipase and alli are some of the drugs, which cause liver injuries, stomachache and loss of appetite.
· Qsymiaia weight loss medication approved by FDA but it has some risks associated with it. Risk evaluation and mitigation strategy has proved that it causes severe birth defects in pregnant women.
· Many weight loss drugs also cause constipation, restlessness, dry mouth, insomnia etc.
Many weight loss drugs are generally recommended for a short period of time that is up to 12 weeks. There are some weight loss drugs like orlistat, which can be used for longer period. Most of the people will regain weight after they stop using the weight loss drugs so they should not be used for having a healthy body instead you should lose weight by natural methods. Diet and exercise should be maintained regularly to have strong and healthy body.
There are some weight loss drugs, which are used to reduce appetite. These drugs also have many side effects, such as increased blood pressure, heart rate, nervousness, headache, blurredness and restlessness. Some even cause chest pain, difficulty in breathing. Some of the general side effects of weight loss drugs are nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, constipation and difficulty in urination.
Prescribed weight loss drugs are approved by FDA but they are also associated with some side effects. Most of the prescribed drugs are appetite suppressants, blockers and fat absorbers.
Side effects associated with amphetamines which are highly addictive and which should beexamined by a doctor are:
- Increased blood pressure
- Dry mouth
Side effects associated with over the counter weight loss drugs are:
- heart irregularities
- high blood pressure
- stomach irritation
- heart attack
Over the counter weight loss drugs are highly risky and they should be avoided. There are many drugs used for weight loss, which are not regulated. Many companies make false claims and sell their product, which are highly dangerous.